Over 30 years' experience in student housing.
Our leadership team has dedicated itself to transforming student housing into today’s institutional-grade real estate sector.
GSA was established in 2013 and has evolved to become a leading investment specialist focusing on real estate asset management in the student housing sector. The Company is active in nine countries with a presence in 72 of the world’s leading educational cities.
GSA provides investors with a platform to gain exposure to a resilient sector that aligns to the demands of students and is underpinned by the growth in demographics and higher education.
Our corporate history provides further details of GSA’s leadership journey, breadth of experience and expansion over the last 30 years.
Launch of The Dot Group
- GSA enters the US market through acquisition of 27 operational assets across 19 cities.
- GSA opens its first residence in Melbourne.
- GSA introduces its market-leading wellbeing programme.
- GSA acquires the Spanish student housing portfolio Nexo Residencias.
- GSA enters Germany through acquisition of the Head Quarter portfolio.
- GSA acquires The Student Housing Company, adding 18 assets to its UK portfolio.
- The Coral Student Portfolio Fund is fully acquired and rebranded to GSA Coral.
- GSA enters Beijing to develop and manage Schwarzman College and residence.
- GSA enters the UK through acquisition of the University Capital Trust portfolio.
- Nicholas Porter sells stake in Urbanest.
- GSA enters Japan and is active in Dubai, Dublin and Hong Kong.
- GSA is established – a global integrated developer, operator and investment manager.
- Urbanest is launched in the UK.
- Nicholas Porter steps down as Chair of The UNITE Group to focus on global expansion.
- Nicholas Porter goes international and creates Urbanest in Australia, focusing on development-led growth.
- The UNITE UK Student Accommodation Fund (USAF) is formed, creating Europe’s largest unlisted specialised student housing investment vehicle.
- The UNITE Group lists on the London Stock Exchange.
Nicholas Porter founds The UNITE Group.