GSA Publishes 2023-23 Annual Review
04 September 2023
- Opening two new properties; Yugo Adelaide City in Australia, and Yugo Brewers Close in Dublin, Ireland.
- Forming a new joint venture partnership with a fund advised by Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing in the United States.
- Consolidating our presence in the U.S. with the acquisition of assets in both existing and new markets.
- Acquiring new assets in the UK, including Scotway House in Glasgow, Scotland.
- Closing $1.2bn of refinancings across the U.S., Australia and Europe.
- Investing in our portfolio with $30m spent globally on improving the environmental performance of our spaces.
- Growing our team, including fully establishing our office in the U.S.
Over the last 18 months, there has been a period of global economic uncertainty and capital market volatility. However, the student housing sector has once again demonstrated its resilience, gaining a reputation as an inflation hedge. In turn, this has attracted institutional investment and the sector is seen favourably, in comparison to other real estate sectors, by banking partners and lenders.
The expertise and experience of GSA’s team, our long-term relationships, and the strength of our global portfolio has enabled the business to maximise opportunities, implement its business plan, and consolidate its position in key markets while entering strategic new ones.
Looking ahead, GSA will continue to harness the local expertise of its teams, supported by learnings from our its operations, to deliver the best experience and value for students and investors.